BECOME A FOSTER VOLUNTEER
Are you able to temporarily care for a pet in need? Then join our foster volunteer program! We are looking for caring, dependable individuals that are willing to open their homes and hearts to homeless pets.
BEFORE YOU CAN BE A FOSTER VOLUNTEER YOU MUST:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete the foster volunteer application and submit it to email@example.com or drop it off in person at Mont Belvieu Animal Shelter
- Consent to a background check screening
- Live within a 45-mile radius of Mont Belvieu Animal Shelter
- Be able to provide all appropriate care for a foster animal
If you are already a shelter volunteer, you will still need to submit a foster volunteer application. However, you will not need to consent to a second background check.
If you have any questions, please call us at 281-576-2417 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IMPACT DOES FOSTERING HAVE?
Becoming a foster volunteer makes a big difference in the lives of shelter animals! By fostering, you can:
- Nurse animals back to health
- Help animals overcome fear and anxiety
- Help immature animals grow and thrive
- Give animals a break from the stressful shelter environment
- Open up kennel spaces for incoming animals
- Acclimate animals to living in an indoor home environment
Whatever your reason for fostering may be, you are helping to give animals their best chance at being adopted into a loving forever home!
APPLY TO fosteR
Please complete the application and submit it digitally to email@example.com or drop it off in person at the Mont Belvieu Animal Shelter.
3831 Perry Ave.
Mont Belvieu, TX 77523
• Adult Volunteer Application
• Student Volunteer Application
• Foster Volunteer Application
- How old do you have to be to become a foster volunteer?
Foster volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- What types of animals need fostering?
- Immature/nursing babies
- Mothers with litters
- Animals with treatable medical conditions
- Fearful/unsocial animals that need socialization
- Long-term resident animals that need a break from the shelter environment
- Emergency fosters-animals that need to be removed from the shelter on short notice because the shelter is over capacity
- What are the primary responsibilities of a foster volunteer?
- Provide a safe, comfortable environment for the foster pet
- Provide appropriate food, shelter, and water
- Provide daily exercise and mental stimulation
- Administer medications, medical treatments, or special care, if needed
- Provide transportation to veterinary appointments, if needed
- Provide socialization or basic training, if needed
- Does it cost anything to be a foster volunteer?
Fostering is completely free! Mont Belvieu Animal Shelter will provide you with all the basic supplies needed for your foster animal, as well as any needed medications or medical supplies, if needed. If you wish to pay for supplies or medical care for your foster pet you are welcome to do so, but all purchases must be approved with MBAS staff first.
- How long do I need to foster a pet for?
The time commitment for foster care varies depending on each animal’s need for foster care. Most foster animals will require a fostering commitment of 2 weeks or more.
- Do I have to live in Mont Belvieu to be a foster volunteer?
No, you are not required to be a Mont Belvieu resident to foster animals with us. However, we do require all foster volunteers to live within a 45-mile radius of the animal shelter.