Located in the heart of Mont Belvieu just minutes off the Grand Parkway, this new suburban mixed-use development and master planned community is envisioned as the next Texas hometown. Upon completion, Riceland will welcome families to a community rich in amenities. The centerpiece will be an energetic town center—Mont Belvieu's new downtown.
Since announcing their intentions to build Riceland in Mont Belvieu, the City has been hard at work with Riceland's developers, McGrath Real Estate Partners, to ensure that our hometown feel is preserved while we work together to bring new housing, retail, and dining to our community. You can learn more about Riceland by visiting their website - www.ricelandtx.com
- What is a "master-planned community"?
A Master-Planned Community (MPC) is typically a large acreage, mixed use residential development. While this type of development is typically focused on single family homes, it will also generally include retail and commercial developments as well. MPCs are largely known for the community amenities they deliver to the residents living within the development, but also, as in Riceland’s case, to the greater community. Overall, developments like Riceland seek to establish building and aesthetic standards that will control pace and quality, through planning the development growth, over the large acreage and an extended development timeline.
Master planned communities like Riceland typically focus on four main areas:
- Amenities: Riceland will offer residents some exclusive amenities like Outdoor park and pavilion and Clubhouse building with splash pads and pools. Mont Belvieu residents living outside of the development will be able to enjoy Riceland’s fish camp, walking trails, green spaces, and the new Town Center. All these amenities help create a sense of community by encouraging families and neighbors to spend time together without needing to travel across town or away from home.
- Lifestyle: One of the most important components of an MPC is the lifestyle! Riceland will enhance and preserve Mont Belvieu as our hometown. Riceland will have weekly hometown events in the greenspace and festival street as well as local restaurants that fit in with the agricultural history of the area.
- Neighborhoods: Planned communities like Riceland are unique because they include a mix of distinctive neighborhoods and home designs. The availability of styles and types of homes found within Riceland will ensure that homebuyers can find the perfect place to meet their needs and lifestyle.
- Multiple Uses: One does not simply live in a master-planned community. Many master-planned communities also include shops, restaurants, services and more; this provides convenience for residents that’s critical in today’s busy world. Riceland residents will have access to the developing Mont Belvieu Town Center and the city’s Eagle Pointe Recreation Complex.
- What is the benefit of a master-planned community?
A master-planned community like Riceland severely limits uncontrolled development and growth within its boundary. Initially, they always include robust amenities for the MPC residents and the greater community. Secondly, they allow growth to happen at a planned pace. This means the City of Mont Belvieu, Barbers Hill ISD, and the greater community can plan for and integrate this growth as it happens – thus limiting reactionary and emergency expansions of municipal and school services.
- Where will Riceland be located within Mont Belvieu?
Located in the heart of Mont Belvieu, Riceland represents 90%+ of the developable land within the city limits. Riceland will build out over the next 25 years with the initial focus being on the areas surrounding the intersection of Eagle Dr. and FM 565. For a better look at how Riceland will fit into the city, please click here to see the Riceland Master Plan Map.
- Will the development really bring 4000 new homes to Mont Belvieu?
Over the next 20-25 years, at final build out, Riceland will deliver approximately 3,900 single family residences over +/-1,450 acres. Riceland is a long-term development that is dedicated to bringing quality and focused growth to Mont Belvieu that is on pace with what the city has historically seen over the past decade.
- I like the hometown feel in Mont Belvieu. Isn't this going to ruin it?
The very specific goal, theme, and intent of Riceland is to preserve and enhance Mont Belvieu’s hometown feel. Riceland boasts one of the deepest historical connections to the area – The direct ancestors of the landowner family, who are still involved in the development, came to the Mont Belvieu/Barbers Hill area in 1824 (then Mexico) and have farmed many parts of what Riceland is today since that time. This is why Riceland, along with its land-owner partners, created The Riceland Master Planned Community with one goal in mind: to preserve Mont Belvieu’s hometown feel for the next 100 years for both its current and future residents. West Chambers County, and more specifically Mont Belvieu, is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. So, growth and development will continue to explode around us as a community. That’s why it is imperative that Riceland, in partnership with the City of Mont Belvieu, works to preserve our hometown as that happens.