community investment grant
The City of Mont Belvieu values our relationships with area 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that work hard to address our community's biggest challenges. Through our Community Investment Grant (CIG), the City strives to strengthen these organizations so they have the resources they need to better serve our residents and enhance the quality of life in Mont Belvieu.
The City uses the CIG to further grow partnerships with organizations in the following areas:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse/Addiction Treatment;
- Fine/Performing Arts;
- Historical or Cultural Education and Preservation;
- Military and Veteran Assistance; and
- Youth Enrichment and Support Services
Organizations operating within the Mont Belvieu area wishing to be considered for a Community Investment Grant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tax exempt, non-profit organization in compliance with IRS Section 501(c)(3)
- The organization must have an active Board of Directors
- Must be willing to comply with City insurance requirements prior to execution of the contract
- The programs and services offered by the organization must not duplicate any programs or services offered by the City of Mont Belvieu
Organizations wishing to receive a grant must complete the Community Investment Grant Application.
The grant application requires both an organizational budget and a program budget. We are providing applicants an Organizational Budget Template and a Program Budget Template for your use. The use of these budget templates are voluntary. You may submit your own version of these budgets as a part of your application. But, both budgets must be submitted for successful completion of the application.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways (only one method is required):
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail application to:
- City of Mont Belvieu, ATTN: Community Investment Grant Program, P.O. Box 1048, Mont Belvieu, TX 77580
- Hand deliver to Mont Belvieu City Hall located at 11607 Eagle Dr., Mont Belvieu, TX 77523
The deadline to submit an application for 2023 is no later than March 1, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. Late submissions will be declined without consideration.
Grant policies & guidelines
The Community Investment Grant Policies and Guidelines were unanimously adopted by the Mont Belvieu City Council on September 12, 2022. This document establishes the framework for the Community Investment Grant (CIG) and addresses the following areas:
- Criteria for support;
- Implementation policy;
- Policy for establishing funding amounts; and
- Requirements for executing a funding agreement
Grant applicants should consult the Community Investment Grant Application for guidance on the various documents and information that are required to be considered for the grant.
The maximum grant that can be applied for is $10,000.
Example Investment Report - WCCCC
Example Investment Report - Bridgehaven