Water and wastewater lines



A permit is required for the construction of a repaired and/or the replacement of a water supply line. The requirements adopted by the City can be found in the 2018 International Residential Code, 2018 International Plumbing Code


Please apply through My Government Online.


  • Site plan/survey (must include the following):
    • Location of the repaired and/or replacement water line. 
    • A copy of the licensed plumber's Master Plumber License and Driver's License that will be performing the work.


An inspection request must be scheduled through My Government Online and performed by the City of Mont Belvieu for each task listed below:

  • Underground Plumbing 
    • Inspect plumbing material 
    • Plumbing is tested and compliant with the above listed code(s).

*Waterlines will be pressure tested to ensure water pressure to the structure meets all requirements.
*Wastewater lines will be water tested to ensure water flows in accordance with the above listed code(s).

  • Final Construction
    • The site has been cleared of all debris and the project is completed.

Schedule an Inspection

Use My Government Online to request all inspections. If for any reason you cannot log into your account, please:

  • Call the Customer Service line at (866) 957-3764
  • then press 5 for a new inspection.

All Inspection requests placed before 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday will have a same-day inspection.