Covered Patios & Palapas
- Construction drawings
- Foundation plan (if it is not a pre-existing foundation)
- Must be engineer stamped
- Site plan/survey (must include the following):
- Location of the new covered patio and/or palapa.
- Distance from the primary structure and the property line.
- Any and all utility easements on the property.
- Approval Letter from the Homeowners Association (HOA), if applicable.
- Windstorm engineer stamp (for the Wind speed of 140mph for s 3-second gust)
MEP (Optional - required if the building is going to have any mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing.)
- Please upload the MEP plans and licenses with the above documents.
An inspection request must be scheduled through My Government Online and performed by the City of Mont Belvieu for each task listed below:
- Foundation Pre-Pour Inspection (If the building is on a foundation)
- All rebar is in and lifted off the ground with no vegetation and the location is correct.
- Frame Rough
- Matches the plans and is compliant with the code(s) listed above.
- Final Construction
- The site has been cleared of all waste and debris.
- Mechanical Rough
- Checking all installed components before the walls are closed.
- Electrical Rough
- The wiring for all outlets and light switches is complete prior to closing the walls.
- Plumbing Rough
- Seeing the completion of the project before testing for leaks and closing the walls.