Litter Critters

Litter Critter Header Image TEMP

What is a Litter Critter?

A Litter Critter is an eight (8) yard residential roll-off dumpster that can be rented by residents of the City of Mont Belvieu to provide an easily accessible way of discarding large debris from household projects, garage cleanouts, and more.

The City of Mont Belvieu has a total of 6 Litter Critters that are available for rental from our Public Works Department.

Rental Terms and Fees

  • Residents must have a City of Mont Belvieu Utilities account in order to rent a Litter Critter.
  • There are 2 rental period options:
    • Monday morning until Friday morning (Weekday Rental)
    • Friday morning until Monday morning (Weekend Rental)
  • Rental fee(s) are $50 + tax (per rental period)
    • The rental fee will be billed to your Water Utilities Account.
  • Litter Critter containers will be emptied once per rental period.
    • Additional emptying may be requested for an additional cost of $50.00 per empty.
  • A service agreement must be completed and signed prior to delivery

How to request a Litter Critter

  1. Call Public Works at 281-576-6147 to request a site visit by one of our Solid Waste representatives to ensure space is available on your property.
    • In most cases, a Litter Critter will fit in a residential driveway in front of the residence's garage door.
  2. Complete the Litter Critter Service Agreement


The following items are NOT allowed inside the Litter Critter containers:
  • Appliances
  • Automotive batteries
  • Blocks
  • Bricks
  • Chemicals
  • Computer Accessories
  • Computer Monitors
  • Computer Towers
  • Concrete
  • Dirt
  • Hazardous Waste
  • Items extending beyond the dimensions of the container in any direction
  • Items in excess of 50 lbs.
  • Items over 3' in any direction
  • Liquids
  • Other unearthern materials
  • Paint
  • Televisions
  • Tires

Placing prohibited items in a Litter Critter may result in damage to the container and the renter may be fined in accordance with damage costs calculated by the Public Works Department.

The City of Mont Belvieu is not responsible for damage to drives, parking lots, sites, or vehicles.