It is our goal to enforce the compliance with all federal, state, and local Laws, rules, and regulations by those doing business in the City of Mont Belvieu in order to ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of its citizens.
Applications & Permits
RESIDENT AND CONTRACTOR PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Residents and Contractors have the ability to use the City’s online permitting portal, My Government Online. The online portal enhances the permit application submittal for residents and contractors by allowing them to:
- Apply Online for Permits and Planning Projects
- Submit Plans "Paperless" in PDF Format
- Track Application Progress up to Permit Issuance
- Print Copies of your Permit(s)
- Print Reviewed Building Plans
- Request Inspections Online
- View and Print Completed Inspection reports
- Receive real-Time E-mail Notifications when an Inspection is Completed
To get information and begin your permitting process with My Government Online, click here.
Request An INSPECTION
Use My Government Online to request for all inspections. If for any reason you cannot log into your account please call the Customer Service line 1-866-957-3764 press 5 for a new inspection.
All Inspections in before 8:00 a.m. Monday - Friday will have same day inspection.
We can perform a rush inspection, however, these are made only at the discretion of the Building Official. Multiple inspections can be performed at each visit.
Note: We understand the strict scheduling requirements of cement contractors due to weather and supply factors and will make exceptions to scheduling rules whenever possible, however, foundations should never be poured without an inspection by a Mont Belvieu inspector (no exceptions).
- 2018 IRC - International Residential Code
- 2018 IBC - International Building Code
- 2018 IECC - International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 IEBC - International Existing Building Code
- 2018 IPMC - International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 IMC - International Mechanical Code
- 2018 IPC - International Pluming Code
- 2018 ISPSC - International Swimming pool and Spa Code
- 2018 IFC - International Fire Code
- 2020 NEC - National Electric Code @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City of Mont Belvieu requires that all new construction, additions, alterations, re-roofing, repairs, and relocation of existing structures shall be built to resist wind loads in accordance with the Texas Windstorm Insurance Associations (TWIA) insurability requirements.
Any new building or renovations that require Inspections by a Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) inspector or a duly appointed engineer in order to qualify for the TWIA program, are required to obtain WPI-8 Certification for this work.
All Contractors who are required by State Law to be Licensed must register with the City of Mont Belvieu before performing any work within the City. Fill out and upload this form and all required attachment on your permit using My Government Online alternately, you may email completed form and attachments to email@example.com