Audio, Video & Training
Audio & Video Equipment
The chief of police of this agency shall ensure that video camera equipment and transmitter activated equipment is in good working condition in each City issued vehicle regularly used to make traffic stops.
Reviewing of Video & Audio Documentation Standards
- Each audio and video recording shall be retained for a minimum of 90 days unless a complaint is filed alleging racial profiling with respect to a traffic or pedestrian stop, in this case the recording shall be retained until final disposition of the complaint has been made.
- The chief of police or his designee shall periodically conduct reviews of a randomly selected sampling of video / audio recordings made recently by officers or employees of this agency to determine if patterns of racial profiling exist.
- The reviewer of these video / audio recordings shall seek to determine if the involved officers or employees have engaged in a pattern of racial profiling that includes multiple acts constituting racial profiling for which there is no reasonable, credible explanation based on established police and law enforcement procedures. A single act constituting racial profiling may not be considered a pattern of racial profiling or grounds for corrective actions.
Collection, Compilation, Analysis & Reporting Requirements
All officers and employees of this agency shall document each and every traffic / pedestrian stop with a report. This report can be achieved by video or audio tape of the stop.
Officer & Chief of Police Training
- Each officer of this agency shall complete the comprehensive education and training program on racial profiling established by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education (TCLEOSE). This training shall be conducted at the appropriate times (cycles) as determined by TCLEOSE.
- The chief of police shall complete the required training on racial profiling as established by the Bill Blackwood Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas, in the Texas Police Chief Leadership Training that is required every two years.