The City of Mont Belvieu needs your help to "Cease The Grease". When cooking waste like fats, oils, and grease (FOG) go down the drain or disposal it clogs and damages pipes. Those clogged pipes can cause sewer overflows and interrupted water service. (Trust us, no one wants that!) When sewage spills happen, it introduces harmful bacteria into our public waterways and cause a health threat.
"How can I help?"
You can help by just following a few easy tips. And, by doing so, you'll help our drains stay clear and the pipes in your home healthy.
- Once FOG has cooled, pour it into sealable containers.
- Remove FOG from all dishes and pans and throw it in the trash.
- Never dump FOG down the drain or rinse with hot water.
- Consider dumping fatty food scraps into the trash rather than putting them down the garbage disposal.
- Store used oil in the freezer and recycle at a location that accepts household FOG when the container is full.